Textbook Rental Agreement
Terms and Conditions
Upon renting textbooks from College Book Store,
you agree to the following:
- You, the renter, must be at least 18 years of age and be currently enrolled at Ohio University
- Textbooks rented from College Book Store are the property of College Book Store and remain so throughout the term of your rental. At no time during the rental period does the renter obtain ownership of the books. Therefore, the renter may not sell the book(s) but must return them to College Book Store as part of the rental agreement
- Renter agrees to return all rented books to College Book Store by the official closing date of the Ohio University term for which the books are rented. Should these books for any reason not be returned to College Book Store by this date, or if books are returned in damaged, un-saleable condition, renter hereby authorizes College Book Store to charge their credit card of record an amount equal to College Book Store's current new retail price of the book(s). Late returns may be subject to a late fee..
- Credit card information provided by renter will be held secure (via token) by College Book Store as a deposit against any non-return/damage fees that may become due as described above.
- Renter agrees to keep the credit card provided for this rental agreement in good standing (not cancelled, with a balance below the purchasing limits of the card) until the textbooks have been returned or until College Book Store has collected any non-return, damage or late fees as described above.
- All rented books must be returned in acceptable re-saleable condition, as judged by the bookstore staff. Any loss or damage to books rented under this agreement are solely the responsibility of the renter.
- By entering into this agreement, the renter acknowledges that they understand the agreement and will abide by it. They agree specifically not to contest a charge, on the credit card they provided, made within the scope of the non-return, damage or late fees associated with the rental as described above.
- College Book Store's standard refund policies apply to rentals. Rentals extending beyond the term's final refund date (as posted in the store) are non-refundable.
- An accepted major credit card and either a valid driver's license or an Ohio University student ID are required.