TEXTBOOK REFUND POLICY - In-store or online
- There is a specific deadline date for textbook refunds each term, as published in the store at checkout. Generally the last date for refunds each term is after one week of classes.
- You must have correct and complete cash register receipt. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Textbooks must have current price/code intact to receive full refund. Tampered prices disqualify books from refund privilege!
- New textbooks must be in new condition to receive full refund
- New textbooks with receipt, with any damage (e.g.-due to photocopying, etc.) or books with any markings in them, will be considered used books and may receive 3/4 price
- Shrink-wrapped packages which have been opened will not be eligible for full refund
- College Book Store reserves the right to make final judgments on all returns, both for in-store and online purchases
- Books purchased for each term after our published final refund date are not eligible for refund. (See buyback policy)
- Special order and non-required books are not refundable
- Photo ID required for refunds
- Books purchased from us online can be returned at the store or by shipping them back to us. You will not be refunded for shipping costs unless the return is due to an error on our part. Please contact us prior to returning textbooks by mail-order.
TEXTBOOK BUYBACK POLICY
- Buyback is conducted only in-person, in our store. Buyback is currently not available online.
- This is largely due to the fact that we have to see .the book before we can quote a price for buyback. Because of this, we can't quote buyback prices online, over the phone, or via email. We will, however, be happy to consider books you purchase online (or anywhere else) for our in-store (in-person) buyback as follows:
- Our best price may be paid for your book if:
Buyback is in effect (see buyback dates on home page)
Bookstore has a faculty requisition for the title / edition for following quarter
Bookstore currently needs inventory of the title / edition
- Wholesale price may be paid for your book if:
Book does not meet the above criteria
Title / edition has a wholesale demand
(Wholesale price is pre-determined by national wholesalers)
- Old editions have no value and will not be bought
- Books needing repair have a reduced value. Badly damaged books have no value and will not be bought. We reserve the right to make final judgment on a book's condition
- Photo ID required for refunds
- College Book Store reserves the right to refuse to buy any book for any reason
- All buyback transactions are final
TEXTBOOK RENTAL TERMS
APPAREL RETURN POLICY
Refunds or exchanges of online and in-store apparel purchases may be made if the following conditions are met:
- Return must be made within 90 days
- Merchandise must be in new condition
- Sales receipt must accompany return
The following are non-refundable
- Sale merchandise
- Items that have been washed or worn
- Custom-decorated items
- Event-specific or dated merchandise after the event or date
College Book Store will not accept return of embroidered items due to loose or unraveled embroidery threads unless there is a discernible defect in the workmanship of the embroidery.
College Book Store is not responsible for shipping charges for returns unless the return is due to an error on our part.
To make a mail-order return, please CLICK HERE for instructions
SHIPPING POLICIES - Domestic
We ship anywhere in the US using a variety of carriers. We will choose the carrier that best suits our needs for your particular shipment (usually US Mail, FedEx Ground, or UPS) but we do honor requests from our customers to use a specific carrier. If you have a carrier preference, please contact us by phone, or make a comment in the comments box on your order.
We use UPS for overnight shipments. Please contact us via phone for a quote on rates for an order to be shipped via UPS overnight or see our shipping rate chart for information about "2nd day air" shipments
SHIPPING TIMES AND RATES
SHIPPING POLICY - International
College Book Store does not ship orders to addresses outside the US. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.